Equality Advisory Support Service (EASS) can help individuals who have experienced discrimination. They can explain what the law says and how it applies, how the situation can be resolved informally, or refer the individual to a conciliation or mediation service if the problem can’t be resolved informally.  They can also advise on legal aid if the case goes to court.

If you have experienced discrimination in the workplace (such as in an employment school), there is specific support available to you:

ACAS is the Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service. They work with millions of employers and employees every year to improve workplace relationships. ACAS provides advice and guidance through their helpline, which is free for everyone to use. They are open  Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm.

Direct Gov has a number of guides on workplace bullying.

Trade Unions can provide support and legal advice in cases of workplace discrimination. 


There are two ways you can tell us what happened